Our Ballet and Tap Dance Classes for Kids!
At this precious age, our toddlers, pre-k and preschoolers are encouraged to explore self-expression through dramatic play while introducing them to beginner level ballet and tap dancing. Your toddler’s ballet lessons and tap lessons are taught at a very basic level. This class is one hour every week and consists of a half hour ballet and a half hour of tap.
At Broadway Bound Dance Center, the goal of our preschool Ballet / Tap / Jazz dance instruction is to:
- Create imaginative ways to develop your child’s sense of movement
- To begin working on his or her coordination, balance and body control
- To instill the basic rules of following simple directions and much more
- The basics of Ballet and Tap
By incorporating the art of song into our dance activities, our age-appropriate musical selections inspire the student to take a magical journey into the world of the performing arts, singing every step of the way. Every Preschool Ballet and Tap Class is facilitated by an instructor and a teacher’s assistant in a fun, safe environment.
“Teaching Moments” Through Dance
Through our program, your little ones will also learn some simple yet important everyday life basics with guidance from our wonderful Dance Instructors merged with the art and discipline of Dance they will learn:
- Acquire Listening Skills
- Following Directions
- Building Friendships
- An Understanding of Rhythm and Counting
- Shape and Color Identification
- Line Formation and Taking Turns
- Discover Creative Expression
Important Class Information
Girls: Pink leotard with skirt, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and white tap shoes. Boys: Black shorts, white t-shirt, black ballet shoes and black tap shoes.