- Tuition is a yearly charge and must be paid before student attends class as per the payment option selected. Tuition is a yearly charge and it is divided into monthly increments for your convenience.
- Payment may be made by auto pay of checking account /credit card debited monthly, or by cash/check in three installments. There is membership fee for all students of $35.00.
- If payment is not made by due date, a $15.00 late fee will be added to balance due.
- If a check has been returned for non-payment, only CASH payments will be accepted for the remainder of the BBDC school year.
- No personal checks will be accepted after April 30th of the current BBDC school year. Only CASH will be accepted.
- Students will not be able to participate in class if tuition is not current.
- June Tuition and Membership Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Class withdrawal by a student/guardian must be conveyed in writing via email to the BBDC office staff at [email protected] by the 1st of the month of intended termination. If BBDC does not receive this conveyance by the 1st of the intended withdrawal month, I am required to make full payment of that month’s tuition.
- Correspondence from BBDC will be made via email. The Studio does not send statements. Payments are due according to the payment schedule of my selected Payment Option. I will mail my payment if the due date falls during a school break and auto payment or credit card has not been established.
- Any alteration to a payment plan will be executed through Automatic Payment processing from my checking/savings account or credit card.
- Any modifications to auto payment accounts must be given to the office one month prior to billing on the 15th of that month. Late payments will incur a charge.
Make up Classes
If you miss a class, please call the office to schedule a make up class. Any missed class must be made up prior to March 1st. A great time to make up a missed class is during our free trial week in June after our recital.
BBDC reserves the right to combine classes or shorten class duration subject to enrollment. We make every effort not to cancel a class when enrollment for that class is less than six students. This is not a guarantee that said class will not be canceled.
In the event a check is returned due to insufficient funds or a credit card is declined, a service charge of $35.00 will be assessed to the account.
Withdrawals and Refunds
Written notice of class withdrawal via email must be presented to the office staff at clie[email protected], not to the instructor of the class of such withdrawal. There is a $30.00 termination charge. No withdrawal will be accepted, nor refunds processed, after March 1stof the current BBDC school year. If a refund(s) is(are) accepted by BBDC, said refund(s) will be processed in a timly manner. There are no refunds if you withdraw from a class(es) in the middle of any given month, choose other activities over dance class or voluntarily miss a class. Tuition is still due for that month.
Extreme Weather of Unexpected Interruption of Classes
If BBDC cancels a class(es) due to extreme weather or any event deemed necessary by The Studio, replacement of missed class(es) will be scheduled at the director’s discretion. Call the studio at (201) 385-4114 for a prerecorded message to find out if a class(es) are canceled for such reasons.
Show and Costumes
- A deposit of $68.00 per costume is due by November 15th of the current BBDC school year. Once a costume is ordered, this deposit is non-refundable.
- All costume balances are due by February 15th of the current BBDC school year.
- Any costume payments received after the due dates will incur a $15.00 late fee for each month that payment is late and will be assessed to your account.
- There may be minor alterations necessary to your child’s costume (i.e., hook & eye, hemming etc.) that you will be responsible for.
- If your child takes multiple classes and/or has siblings in the school, BBDC makes every attempt to get all their routines in one show; however, this is not a guarantee and parents may be required to attend more than one show.
Parent’s Responsibility to be Aware of Dates and Events
- I understand It is the parents’ responsibility to be aware of all school activities, such as observation days, recitals, extra classes and dates the school is open or closed. The school will post all such notices on the Information Board in The Studio and email reminders to the email address that you have supplied to BBDC. I understand it is the parents’ responsibility to regularly check these boards and emails to ensure they are informed.
- By giving us your mobile number, you are granting permission to keep you updated of school closings and other important information.
Dance Class Etiquette
- Every effort should be made to attend class on time. Students should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start of class to prepare. For the safety of each student, any students arriving 10 minutes or later to class, may only be permitted to observe that class.
- Required dancewear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class will result in students being asked to sit out the class for which the student is “unprepared.” Students are not permitted to wear jeans or shoes that are worn on the street or outdoors.
Release / Liability Waiver
In consideration of the benefits derived from BBDC, students/guardians waive all claims arising from dance instruction, rehearsal, training and performance at The Studio, whether cause by negligence or otherwise, and for bodily injury, property damage or loss otherwise, that student may incur against BBDC, its successors and assigns, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and their heirs, executors and administrators. Additionally, students/guardians waive all claims arising out of (1) the act of being transported to and from such activities, or (2) other BBDC events or functions.The student(s) named on this contract does voluntarily participate in any/all BBDC activities and I understand that certain risks are involved and waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the student(s) before, during or after class time. It is required that all students be covered by their families insurance. If injury occurs it is understood that the student’s own policy is the only source of reimbursement.
I certify that the student(s) listed on this contract is(are) in good health and capable of participating in all the activities and classes.
I am also aware that BBDC may videotape or photograph students throughout the BBDC school year. The school is hereby granted permission to use this media in promotional materials/advertising, including but not limited to brochures, website, posters, flyers, postcards, or web banners. Permission is hereby granted for the school to copyright such videotape or photographs in its own name.
Note: Upon registering and payment for classes at BBDC, you are agreeing to the above Studio Policies, terms and conditions.